Social Distancing Surface Markings
Thank you for visiting our social distance marking page. Here you can get the very best markings which promote social distancing.
The Coronavirus has lead to a number of different safety precautions across the UK. Social distancing surface markings can be installed to help prevent the spread of viruses like COVID19.
The Government have expressed concerns with additional waves of Coronavirus, meaning individuals will need to practice social distancing for years to come.
Our distancing markers are a great way to ensure people are keeping a safe two metre distance when queueing, walking and more. If you wish to have specially designed markings for physical distancing at your establishment, we can offer the very best prices.
Our team have been in the surface marking industry for many years offering play markings, sports markings and now social distancing markings. If you would like more information on our installations, please complete our enquiry form today.
Types of Social Distancing Floor Markings
There is a range of thermoplastic floor markings for social distancing and below are the most popular designs that we install:Hand wash area / sanatise area.
- 2m distance marking.
- Social distancing footprints: Footprint-shaped markings, often with shoeprints printed on them, are placed on the floor to show where people should stand or queue. These are commonly used in areas like checkout lines, waiting areas, or elevators.
- Floor Tape or Stripes: Colored tape or adhesive stripes are placed on the floor to indicate where people should stand or walk. These can come in various colors, with bright colors like red, yellow, or blue often used to draw attention to the markings.
- Arrows: Arrow-shaped floor markings are used to indicate the direction of pedestrian flow, especially in narrow or one-way aisles. They help guide people and maintain a smooth, one-directional flow of foot traffic.
- Circles or Dots: Circular floor markings are used to designate individual standing spots, ensuring that people maintain a safe distance from each other. They are often placed in lines or rows to organise queues.
- Rectangle Boxes: Rectangular floor markings create larger personal spaces for individuals, allowing them to maintain physical distance while standing or waiting. These are commonly seen in settings like banks, pharmacies, or supermarkets.
- Numeric Markings: Some floor markings include numbers to indicate the minimum distance that should be maintained between individuals. For example, a "6 ft" marking indicates that people should stand at least 6 feet apart.
- Text Messages: Floor markings may include written instructions or messages reminding people to practice social distancing. These messages can be in the form of stickers, labels, or printed floor graphics.
- Zones or Segmented Areas: In larger spaces like airports or train stations, floor markings may create segmented zones to ensure that people maintain proper distance while waiting in line or moving through the area.
- Crosses: Cross-shaped markings may be used to indicate where people should not stand or to designate areas that are temporarily closed or off-limits to maintain social distancing.
- High Visibility Materials: Reflective or glow-in-the-dark floor markings are used in low-light conditions or areas where visibility is critical, such as emergency exit routes.
- Custom Graphics: Some organisations choose to use custom-designed floor graphics that align with their branding or convey specific messages related to social distancing or safety protocols.
- Temporary Signs: Floor markings can also be used in conjunction with temporary signs or banners suspended from ceilings or mounted on walls to provide additional guidance and information.
If you have specific requirements or a certain design in mind, we can create bespoke designs to suit your project.
How Much do Social Distancing Markers Cost?
The average cost for social distancing surface markings is £850 - £2,500. The cost of each project will vary depending on how many markings you require, the type of design and the installation you choose.
If you would like a quotation for our services, please get in touch via our contact form and a member of our team will be happy to discuss your project and provide you with a price for the work.
Where are Social Distancing Markings Installed?
Social distancing markings are installed in various public and private settings to encourage and facilitate safe physical distancing between individuals.
These markings are particularly important during public health crises, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, to reduce the spread of contagious diseases. Here are some common places where social distancing markings are installed:
- Schools and Educational Facilities: Social distancing markers are used in schools, nurseries and colleges to organise classrooms, hallways, and common areas to minimize contact among students and staff.
- Retail Stores: Floor markings are often found in retail settings, especially near checkout lines and entrances, to help customers maintain safe distances while shopping.
- Grocery Stores: Grocery stores use floor markings in checkout lines, aisles, and near popular sections like the deli or bakery to guide shoppers and maintain distancing.
- Pharmacies: In pharmacies, social distancing markers help customers maintain safe distances while waiting in line or browsing.
- Banks: Banks use floor markings to organise queues, ensuring that customers waiting for teller services maintain appropriate distances.
- Restaurants: Many restaurants use floor markings to designate safe waiting areas and maintain distancing between tables or seating areas.
- Public Transportation: Public transportation systems, such as buses, trains, and subways, often feature markings on platforms and inside vehicles to help passengers maintain safe distances.
- Airports: Airports use floor markings to guide travellers through check-in, security, and boarding processes while maintaining physical distance.
- Hotels: Hotels may have social distancing markings in check-in areas, elevators, and common spaces to ensure guests can move safely through the facility.
- Office Buildings: In office settings, markings can guide employees through common areas like lobbies, elevators, and cafeterias, helping to maintain distancing.
- Healthcare Facilities: Hospitals, clinics, and doctor's offices use social distancing markers in waiting rooms, reception areas, and patient registration to protect patients and staff.
- Gyms and Fitness Centers: Floor markings are often used in fitness centers and gyms to space out exercise equipment and designate workout areas to maintain distancing.
- Public Parks: In public parks and recreational areas, markings can be used to indicate safe distancing on walking paths, near playgrounds, or at picnic areas.
- Museums and Cultural Venues: Museums, galleries, and cultural venues use markings to guide visitors through exhibits while maintaining safe distances.
- Entertainment Venues: In theaters, cinemas, concert halls, and sports venues, markings may indicate safe seating arrangements and queue management.
- Public Events: At outdoor events, festivals, and markets, social distancing markings help attendees navigate crowded areas safely.
- Religious Institutions: Places of worship may use markings to designate safe seating arrangements and control the flow of congregants during services.
- Workplaces: Employers often install markings in workplaces to guide employees in common areas like break rooms, elevators, and shared workspaces.
- Elevators: Elevators may have markings to indicate the maximum number of occupants allowed or safe distancing inside.
- Amusement Parks: Amusement parks use markings to maintain distancing in ride queues and common areas.
The specific locations and types of social distancing markings can vary widely depending on the nature of the facility or venue, local regulations, and the need to maintain safe distancing.
These markings play a crucial role in promoting public health and safety during times of contagious disease outbreaks.
We can install our markings onto tarmac, asphalt, concrete or block paving surfaces.
School Playground Graphics
It is particularly important for school playgrounds to have physical distancing markers installed. We have a range of school playground graphics available for children to use.
The markings can also be used by the parents and guardians dropping off and collecting children. It is important that parents are aware of the safety precautions their child's school is taking and it is vital that they keep to the advice by the Government too.
There are a number of different ways to express the two metre distancing. We offer 2m strips as well as circle markers which the children can stand on. These markers will each be spread out two metres apart to ensure safety within the school.
Social Distances in Nurseries
To help promote social distances in nurseries as well as playgroups, our team have created some more vibrant and exciting graphics.
Our rainbow graphics collection is a great way to promote physical distancing between children even at young ages. With colourful designs, the children are more likely to pay attention to these social distancing spots.
Just like schools, parents of children in nurseries must also respect physical distancing rules set by the Government by staying two metres apart when collecting their children and dropping them off.
If you would like more information on social distances in nurseries, please complete our enquiry form and we will get back to you.
Physical Distancing Marker Benefits
Physical distancing markers, such as floor markings, signage, and other visual cues, offer several benefits in various settings, particularly during public health crises like the COVID-19 pandemic.
These markers help individuals maintain safe distances from others to reduce the spread of contagious diseases. Here are the key benefits of physical distancing markers:
- Promote Safety: The primary purpose of physical distancing markers is to promote safety by reminding and encouraging individuals to maintain a safe physical distance from each other. This helps reduce the risk of virus transmission, especially in crowded or enclosed spaces.
- Reduce Transmission Risk: By clearly defining safe distancing guidelines, markers help reduce the risk of virus transmission. They serve as visual reminders to individuals to keep a safe distance, even when they might not be fully aware of their surroundings.
- Compliance: Physical distancing markers make it easier for individuals to understand and follow recommended or mandated distancing guidelines. This helps ensure compliance with public health measures and regulations.
- Organise Queues: Markers are commonly used in queuing areas, such as grocery store checkout lines, banks, and pharmacies. They help organise lines and maintain orderly queues, preventing overcrowding and congestion.
- Efficient Use of Space: Floor markings and spacing guidelines assist businesses and organisations in optimising the use of their space. They can ensure that capacity limits are observed, helping maintain a controlled environment.
- Minimize Confusion: In settings where physical distancing is necessary, such as airports or public transportation hubs, markers minimize confusion and create clear pathways for travellers. This prevents congestion and bottlenecks.
- Enhance Public Confidence: The presence of physical distancing markers reassures the public that safety measures are in place. This can enhance public confidence and encourage people to visit businesses or use services with greater peace of mind.
- Prevent Accidental Closeness: In situations where individuals might inadvertently get too close to each other, such as in elevators or waiting rooms, markers help prevent accidental closeness by clearly defining safe spaces.
- Standardise Practices: Markers provide a standardised and consistent approach to physical distancing across different locations, making it easier for individuals to adapt to the guidelines wherever they go.
- Support Employee Safety: In workplaces, markers help employees maintain distance from colleagues and customers, reducing the risk of infection among staff members.
- Easy to Implement: Physical distancing markers are relatively easy and cost-effective to implement. They can be quickly installed using floor tape, stickers, or signage, allowing businesses and organisations to adapt rapidly to changing circumstances.
- Complementary to Other Measures: Physical distancing markers complement other safety measures like mask mandates and hand hygiene practices, creating a multi-layered approach to public health.
- Customisation: Markers can be customised to include branding, messages, or specific instructions, providing an opportunity for businesses and organisations to convey additional information to their clientele.
All of our markers are reasonably priced and can be found in different designs. If you wish to see the designs available, please get in touch with our team today.
Heat Applied Thermoplastic Distance Markings
Why choose our graphics rather than standard stickers and tape?
Due to the concern of additional waves of Coronavirus and the chance of future viruses, it is important that we incorporate social distancing into our daily lives.
This means you will want your markings to remain on the floor for a long period of time.
Stickers and tape can peel up and become unstuck with heavy footfall.
Our heat applied thermoplastic distance markings are perfect for heavy use and can last for many years. This means you will not have to worry about reapplying the graphics every few months. This saves time and effort.
Unlike stickers and tape, our graphics do not scuff, fade or cause trip hazards. Our markings are flush, permanent and washable. They also meet current governement guidelines.
Please contact us today for a quote, information on specification design and any other queries you may have.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long do Social Distancing Markings Last?
The longevity of the floor markimgs will depend on the type of material used and the ampount of foot traffic the area gets.
Thermoplastics are a durable material so these can last for a few years, compared to chalk or paint.
What are the Best Materials to Use for Social Distancing Surface Markings?
The best type of floor markings for social distancing is thermoplastic.
Thermoplastics are available in a range of colours, designs and sizes and they are also a long lasting product.
Our Other Services
If you require social distance surface markings then make sure to contact us today. Our team offer the very best prices for preformed markings.
Our new markings are especially designed for social distancing and can be used in a number of different establishments across the United Kingdom.
With over 20 years of experience, you can rest knowing that we will only install high quality markings that will not need to be reapplied after a short amount of time. Contact us today for a quote for the graphics that you require.
Searches Associated with Social Distancing Surface Markings
- Thermoplastic Social Distancing Markings
- Voted Best Social Distancing Marking Company Near Me
- Social Distanced Thermoplastics Near Me
- Thermoplastic Social Distancing Symbols
- 2m Distancing Markers